Difference between revisions of "Edinburgh, 2013"

From Openembedded.org
Jump to: navigation, search
(Attendence Record)
m
(7 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
==Location ==
 
==Location ==
 
 
  
 
Edinburgh International Conference Centre, Edinburgh, UK
 
Edinburgh International Conference Centre, Edinburgh, UK
Line 10: Line 8:
  
 
* Financial report
 
* Financial report
 +
* Election of new members
  
 
== Forms ==
 
== Forms ==
Line 19: Line 18:
 
(Proxies are in brackets)
 
(Proxies are in brackets)
  
* Marco Cavallini 'mckoan' (proxying for Eric Bénard 'ericben')
+
* Marco Cavallini               'mckoan' (proxying for Eric Bénard 'ericben')
* Paul Eggleton 'bluelightning' (proxying for Andrea Adami 'ant')
+
* Paul Eggleton                 'bluelightning' (proxying for Andrea Adami 'ant')
* Philip Balister 'Crofton'
+
* Philip Balister                 'Crofton' [board member]
* Richard Purdie 'RP'
+
* Richard Purdie               'RP'
* Martin Jansa 'JaMa' (Simon Busch 'morphis')
+
* Martin Jansa                   'JaMa' (Simon Busch 'morphis')
* Denys Dmytriyenko 'denix'
+
* Denys Dmytriyenko       'denix' [board member]
* Koen Kooi 'koen' ( Khem Raj 'khem')
+
* Koen Kooi                     'koen' ( Khem Raj 'khem')
 
* Anders Darander
 
* Anders Darander
* Mark Hatle 'fray' (Otavio Salvador 'otavio')
+
* Mark Hatle                   'fray' (Otavio Salvador 'otavio')
* Sean Hudson 'darknighte'
+
* Sean Hudson               'darknighte' [board member]
* Saul Wold 'sgw'
+
* Saul Wold                     'sgw'
 
* Stefan Schmidt
 
* Stefan Schmidt
* Leon
+
* Leon Woestenberg      'likewise'  [board member]
 
* David Stewart
 
* David Stewart
 
* Jefro
 
* Jefro
* Soctt Garman
+
* Scott Garman
  
 
Non members present and elected to become members
 
Non members present and elected to become members
Line 45: Line 44:
  
 
* Bruce Ashfield
 
* Bruce Ashfield
* Ulf S
+
* Ulf Samuelsson
 +
 
 +
== Meeting notes ==
 +
 
 +
Meeting opened 18:35
 +
Attendees Documented
 +
Financially Summary Presented
 +
* Euro 1731
 +
* Taxes had to be filed, issues due to board transition
 +
* German language issues and documents required to be at a German address. Lots of overhead
 +
* No spending in last financial year
 +
* No donations received either
 +
* Setup SPI affiliation to allow for funds to be collected in and held in the US
 +
Financial Report Approved
 +
Discussion of possible uses for collected funds:
 +
Things membership generally in favor of:
 +
- travel sponsorship preferred
 +
- ship event box for conferences
 +
- create additional event box for NA
 +
- financial availability for emergency hardware
 +
- promotion at events
 +
Things membership generally not in favor of:
 +
- sponsorship at events e.g. coffee breaks
 +
Discussion about future of e.V. and whether SPI (as an example) would make sense
 +
- nobody against dissolving e.V. in principle
 +
- Feeling that board should investigate and consult members and come up with a proposal
 +
Meeting Ended 19:20
 +
 
 +
== Action Items ==
 +
# Board to review alternate legal structures including affiliation with foundations, e.g. Apache, Gnome, etc
 +
# Board to put together draft budget proposal
 +
# Members: Investigate opportunities for "hack fest" sponsorship (close to conferences)

Revision as of 21:13, 28 October 2013

Contents

Location

Edinburgh International Conference Centre, Edinburgh, UK

October 25, 2013 at 1830 - 1930 in Harris 1.

Agenda

  • Financial report
  • Election of new members

Forms

Attendence Record

(Proxies are in brackets)

  • Marco Cavallini 'mckoan' (proxying for Eric Bénard 'ericben')
  • Paul Eggleton 'bluelightning' (proxying for Andrea Adami 'ant')
  • Philip Balister 'Crofton' [board member]
  • Richard Purdie 'RP'
  • Martin Jansa 'JaMa' (Simon Busch 'morphis')
  • Denys Dmytriyenko 'denix' [board member]
  • Koen Kooi 'koen' ( Khem Raj 'khem')
  • Anders Darander
  • Mark Hatle 'fray' (Otavio Salvador 'otavio')
  • Sean Hudson 'darknighte' [board member]
  • Saul Wold 'sgw'
  • Stefan Schmidt
  • Leon Woestenberg 'likewise' [board member]
  • David Stewart
  • Jefro
  • Scott Garman

Non members present and elected to become members

  • Jack Mitchell
  • Andrea Galbusera
  • Ross Burton

Non members not present but elected to become members

  • Bruce Ashfield
  • Ulf Samuelsson

Meeting notes

Meeting opened 18:35
Attendees Documented
Financially Summary Presented
* Euro 1731
* Taxes had to be filed, issues due to board transition
* German language issues and documents required to be at a German address. Lots of overhead
* No spending in last financial year
* No donations received either
* Setup SPI affiliation to allow for funds to be collected in and held in the US
Financial Report Approved
Discussion of possible uses for collected funds:
Things membership generally in favor of:
- travel sponsorship preferred 
- ship event box for conferences
- create additional event box for NA
- financial availability for emergency hardware
- promotion at events
Things membership generally not in favor of:
- sponsorship at events e.g. coffee breaks
Discussion about future of e.V. and whether SPI (as an example) would make sense
- nobody against dissolving e.V. in principle
- Feeling that board should investigate and consult members and come up with a proposal
Meeting Ended 19:20

Action Items

  1. Board to review alternate legal structures including affiliation with foundations, e.g. Apache, Gnome, etc
  2. Board to put together draft budget proposal
  3. Members: Investigate opportunities for "hack fest" sponsorship (close to conferences)
Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Categories
OE services
Toolbox