Difference between revisions of "OEDAM 2018"

From Openembedded.org
Jump to: navigation, search
(Planning to Attend)
 
(18 intermediate revisions by 8 users not shown)
Line 2: Line 2:
  
 
Sunday, 11 March 2018 (before ELC [March 12-14])<br>
 
Sunday, 11 March 2018 (before ELC [March 12-14])<br>
Board meeting to start at 09:30
+
Board meeting to happen before the event
 +
Doors open at 10am
 
Developer's meeting to start at 10:30
 
Developer's meeting to start at 10:30
 
Expectation is to finish by 1800
 
Expectation is to finish by 1800
  
Lunch is provided
+
For those who want to commute with Armin, Please meet in the Lobby in the Hilton
 +
where ELC is hosted  at 9:30 am. I can only take 15.
 +
 
 +
Lunch and coffee are provided by the Yocto Project.
 +
 
 +
Location: Mentor Graphics Headquarters
 +
8105 Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, OR
 +
Evergreen Building, E2411 Training room
 +
 
 +
 
 +
Lunch location is McMenamins Old Church & Pub, 30340 SW Boones Ferry Rd, Wilsonville.
 +
Lunch will be at about 12:45.
  
Location: Mentor Graphics Headquarters, Wilsonville, OR
 
 
Carpooling is encouraged, see below
 
Carpooling is encouraged, see below
 +
 +
== Logistics ==
  
 
Yes, we know it is Sunday. Best we could do this year.
 
Yes, we know it is Sunday. Best we could do this year.
 +
 +
'''Daylight Savings Time starts tomorrow''', so be sure to roll your clocks FORWARD by an hour - so 10am is actually logical 9am.
 +
 +
The planned start is 10:30. I am planning to arrive at 10am with coffee. It is roughly 1/2 hour drive from downtown, so please plan accordingly.
 +
 +
Carpooling is highly encouraged. Armin has a van rented that can take up to 15. Jefro is already picking up 2 and has room for 1-2 more. If anyone else has a vehicle and can take people, please pipe up on the email thread or send email to jefro@jefro.net. Note that an uber or lyft will be a $35 trip from downtown.
 +
 +
The day will need to end by 6pm. Jefro will be going back up to the Hilton at top speed to set up the Yocto booth.
 +
 +
== Remote conference link ==
 +
 +
If you are not able to be there in person, you can join this conference remotely over zoom.us:
 +
 +
Join URL: https://zoom.us/j/347593211
  
 
== Planning to Attend ==
 
== Planning to Attend ==
Line 38: Line 65:
 
* Tom King (ka6sox)
 
* Tom King (ka6sox)
 
* Rich Persaud
 
* Rich Persaud
 +
* Michael Halstead (halstead)
 +
* Stephano Cetola (stephano) {1 + truck bed }
 +
* Richard Purdie (RP)
 +
* Marco Cavallini (mckoan)
 +
* Mark Hatle (fray) {1}
  
 
== Agenda Items ==
 
== Agenda Items ==
Line 45: Line 77:
  
 
=== OE Developers Meeting ===
 
=== OE Developers Meeting ===
# Discuss meta-oe release process
+
# State of the Union
# World build monitoring and automatic notifications
+
## Discuss meta-oe release process
 +
## World build monitoring and automatic notifications
 +
# Topics from GA
 +
## Introduction
 +
### Quick agenda overview (Sean)
 +
### Refer to https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/2018_02_General_Meeting
 +
## Call for Topics at OEDAM in 2018-03 in Portland
 +
####Refer to https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEDAM_2018
 +
###Layer Quality (hatle)
 +
###Splitting meta-oe if not resolved prior to meeting (armpit)
 +
####Patch submissions (all OE components)
 +
###REQUEST: Identify areas where we need maintainers to help
 +
####ptest additions to meta-oe (timo)
 +
###REQUEST: Could someone run through a simple example to help others learn to do this correctly
 +
####OEQA testing
 +
###Clear need for a quickstart guide (one-page recipe to get folks started quickly)
 +
###Running tests (individual, groups, all)
 +
###Connecting to a Machine ( h/w)(armpit)
 +
###FOSDEM feedback (paulbarker)
 +
###Auto Updater ( AUH)(armpit)???
 +
# Logistics for OEDAM in 2018-03 in Portland
 +
## Board will facilitate putting folks needing rides and folks with spots in their cars together. (see OEDAM wiki)
 +
## Moped balance in question…  Carpooling recommended...
  
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
 +
SHARED MINUTES AT
 +
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h_otwcH-6ej4URB5vER-7FpaPthrji3TpJWf5jAKRIk/edit?usp=sharing
  
 +
ACTIONS identified in meeting:
 +
* meta-oe changes outlined (armin)
 +
* Make OE t-shirts (jefro)
 +
* Generate a survey to yield which layers are used & need maintenance (jefro)
 +
* Find metrics for previous activity (jefro and maintainers)
 +
* work on an opt-in tracker package (Christopher Clark)
 +
* Investigate load-balancing openembedded.org (Tom King & Sean Hudson)
 +
* Armin will start a wiki about yocto-check-layer
 +
* Khem will help Scott with docs review issues
 +
* Board needs to put together an estimate to host
 +
* Jefro will help publicize the avenues available to donate to the project 
 +
* develop method for showing layer quality, e.g. ptests available, to be published in the layer index (Sean)
 +
* rp and koen together on multiarch with no sharp objects
 +
* Clear need for a quickstart guide (one-page recipe to get folks started quickly) <NEEDS OWNER>
  
 
=== Prior minutes ===
 
=== Prior minutes ===

Latest revision as of 19:00, 18 March 2018

Location and Time

Sunday, 11 March 2018 (before ELC [March 12-14])
Board meeting to happen before the event Doors open at 10am Developer's meeting to start at 10:30 Expectation is to finish by 1800

For those who want to commute with Armin, Please meet in the Lobby in the Hilton where ELC is hosted at 9:30 am. I can only take 15.

Lunch and coffee are provided by the Yocto Project.

Location: Mentor Graphics Headquarters 8105 Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, OR Evergreen Building, E2411 Training room


Lunch location is McMenamins Old Church & Pub, 30340 SW Boones Ferry Rd, Wilsonville. Lunch will be at about 12:45.

Carpooling is encouraged, see below

Logistics

Yes, we know it is Sunday. Best we could do this year.

Daylight Savings Time starts tomorrow, so be sure to roll your clocks FORWARD by an hour - so 10am is actually logical 9am.

The planned start is 10:30. I am planning to arrive at 10am with coffee. It is roughly 1/2 hour drive from downtown, so please plan accordingly.

Carpooling is highly encouraged. Armin has a van rented that can take up to 15. Jefro is already picking up 2 and has room for 1-2 more. If anyone else has a vehicle and can take people, please pipe up on the email thread or send email to jefro@jefro.net. Note that an uber or lyft will be a $35 trip from downtown.

The day will need to end by 6pm. Jefro will be going back up to the Hilton at top speed to set up the Yocto booth.

Remote conference link

If you are not able to be there in person, you can join this conference remotely over zoom.us:

Join URL: https://zoom.us/j/347593211

Planning to Attend

Carpool note: Please add a {#} after your name if you plan to drive and can take # of people in your car other than yourself

  • Jeff Osier-Mixon "Jefro" {4}
  • Philip Balister (Crofton)
  • Denys Dmytriyenko (denix)
  • Sean Hudson (darknighte)
  • Manjukumar Matha (manju)
  • Joshua Watt (JPEWhacker)
  • Zachary Booth
  • Jim Lodes
  • Armin Kuster (Armpit){15}
  • Scott Murray (smurray)
  • Tim Orling (moto-timo)
  • Alejandro Hernandez (aehs29)
  • Christopher Clark
  • Behan Webster (behanw)
  • Marek Vasut (Marex)
  • Taras Kondratiuk
  • Bill Mills
  • Ricardo Salveti (rsalveti)
  • Khem Raj (khem)
  • Tom King (ka6sox)
  • Rich Persaud
  • Michael Halstead (halstead)
  • Stephano Cetola (stephano) {1 + truck bed }
  • Richard Purdie (RP)
  • Marco Cavallini (mckoan)
  • Mark Hatle (fray) {1}

Agenda Items

OE Board

E.v status

OE Developers Meeting

  1. State of the Union
    1. Discuss meta-oe release process
    2. World build monitoring and automatic notifications
  2. Topics from GA
    1. Introduction
      1. Quick agenda overview (Sean)
      2. Refer to https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/2018_02_General_Meeting
    2. Call for Topics at OEDAM in 2018-03 in Portland
        1. Refer to https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEDAM_2018
      1. Layer Quality (hatle)
      2. Splitting meta-oe if not resolved prior to meeting (armpit)
        1. Patch submissions (all OE components)
      3. REQUEST: Identify areas where we need maintainers to help
        1. ptest additions to meta-oe (timo)
      4. REQUEST: Could someone run through a simple example to help others learn to do this correctly
        1. OEQA testing
      5. Clear need for a quickstart guide (one-page recipe to get folks started quickly)
      6. Running tests (individual, groups, all)
      7. Connecting to a Machine ( h/w)(armpit)
      8. FOSDEM feedback (paulbarker)
      9. Auto Updater ( AUH)(armpit)???
  3. Logistics for OEDAM in 2018-03 in Portland
    1. Board will facilitate putting folks needing rides and folks with spots in their cars together. (see OEDAM wiki)
    2. Moped balance in question… Carpooling recommended...

Minutes

SHARED MINUTES AT https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h_otwcH-6ej4URB5vER-7FpaPthrji3TpJWf5jAKRIk/edit?usp=sharing

ACTIONS identified in meeting:

  • meta-oe changes outlined (armin)
  • Make OE t-shirts (jefro)
  • Generate a survey to yield which layers are used & need maintenance (jefro)
  • Find metrics for previous activity (jefro and maintainers)
  • work on an opt-in tracker package (Christopher Clark)
  • Investigate load-balancing openembedded.org (Tom King & Sean Hudson)
  • Armin will start a wiki about yocto-check-layer
  • Khem will help Scott with docs review issues
  • Board needs to put together an estimate to host
  • Jefro will help publicize the avenues available to donate to the project
  • develop method for showing layer quality, e.g. ptests available, to be published in the layer index (Sean)
  • rp and koen together on multiarch with no sharp objects
  • Clear need for a quickstart guide (one-page recipe to get folks started quickly) <NEEDS OWNER>

Prior minutes

Minutes from Prague, Oct 2017: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R_pV_PumhZ9a8_aRDTuW7wBjqNwIDuau7FGr6sYYRu0/edit?usp=sharing

Minutes from Portland, Feb 2017: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ECCfBwdLUaW3I23RATWCU3kGnSh04Kv0DkH1_KfiLVA/edit?usp=sharing