Difference between revisions of "OEDEM 2017"

From Openembedded.org
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Attendees)
(Minutes)
 
(32 intermediate revisions by 12 users not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
Sunday, 22 October 2017<br>
 
Sunday, 22 October 2017<br>
 
Start at 0900
 
Start at 0900
 +
Lunch is provided
 +
Expectation is to finish by 1700
  
 
(before ELC-E [Oct 23-25])
 
(before ELC-E [Oct 23-25])
Line 16: Line 18:
 
This hotel is across the street from the Hilton (ELCE venue). If you have any difficulty please let [mailto:jefro@jefro.net jefro] know.
 
This hotel is across the street from the Hilton (ELCE venue). If you have any difficulty please let [mailto:jefro@jefro.net jefro] know.
  
== Attendees ==
+
== Planning to Attend ==
 +
 
 +
APOLOGIES - this room is now completely full
 +
 
 +
CONNECT:  https://zoom.us/j/146938124
  
 
* Jeff Osier-Mixon "Jefro"
 
* Jeff Osier-Mixon "Jefro"
Line 49: Line 55:
 
* Jan-Simon Möller (dl9pf)
 
* Jan-Simon Möller (dl9pf)
 
* Mike Looijmans ''flight landing at 8:15''
 
* Mike Looijmans ''flight landing at 8:15''
 +
* Mario Domenech Goulart (mario-goulart)
 +
* Andrea Galbusera (gizero)
 +
* Michael Ho
 +
* David Reyna
 +
* Marco Cavallini (mckoan) ''flight landing at 13:25''
 +
* Alex Lennon
 +
* Bill Mills
 +
* Jon Humphreys
 +
* Rudy Grigar
 +
* George McCollister (georgem) ''flight landing at 11:00''
 +
* Beth Flanagan
 +
* Moritz Fischer
 +
* Kate Stewart (for SPDX discussion)
  
Attending in the afternoon or not sure because landing too late
+
APOLOGIES - this room is now completely full
 
 
* Marco Cavallini (mckoan)
 
 
 
 
 
NOTE: we will make every effort to provide a web/phone link for remote attendees
 
  
 
== Agenda Items ==
 
== Agenda Items ==
  
 +
# Review open Action items from previous meeting(s?)
 +
# Board Member voting process
 
# Stack Overflow report (From someone who regularly watches stackoverflow)
 
# Stack Overflow report (From someone who regularly watches stackoverflow)
# Demos for FOSDEM and other events. Good chance to (discretely) show your companies work. (Philip)
+
# Demos for FOSDEM and other events. Good chance to (discretely) show your company's work. (Philip)
 
# Long-term releases support (more than one year)
 
# Long-term releases support (more than one year)
 
# Automated CVE checking, issues with cve-check-tool, alternative tools
 
# Automated CVE checking, issues with cve-check-tool, alternative tools
 +
# MvTest - Test Automation framework
 +
# License compliance (Saur)
 +
## Providing source (archiver.bbclass)
 +
## Providing means to build
 +
## Distribute as much as possible vs distribute as little as possible
 +
# Backwards compatibility checking sstate-cache (https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2017-June/036920.html)
 +
## How do we help folks to generate a source tarball in addition to a listing of source in their build?
 +
## How folks is actually using sstate-cache in a multiuser environment?
 +
 +
# Feedback on current stable branch maintenance (Maintainer will leave room to encourage openness)
 +
## How is it working
 +
## What is not working
 +
## Areas to improve
 +
 +
# Meta-openembedded maintainers
 +
## How is it working
 +
## Areas to improve
 +
## Who's willing to help?
 +
### meta-oe ( armpit will take)
  
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
=== OEDEM: ===
+
The collaborative minutes from OEDEM 2017 can be found here:
 +
 
 +
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R_pV_PumhZ9a8_aRDTuW7wBjqNwIDuau7FGr6sYYRu0/edit?usp=sharing
 +
 
 +
Thanks to all who helped with minutes
 +
 
 +
=== Portland OEDEM AR's: ===
 +
 
 +
  AI: OE Board -  ELC-E, try to get a 2-hour block for lightning talks.  (ELC-E is Mon - Wed)
 +
  AI: Scott Murray to email oe-architecture asking for input
 +
    - Clean up Cryto to help Fips
 +
  Left-over from Berlin and Portland. 
 +
    Still need a git hook (or similar) that will email the security list when a security patch is committed to the project(s), using the standard CVE format.
 +
 
 +
 
 +
=== Prior minutes ===
 +
 
 +
Looking for minutes, Found minutes. Someone edited post meeting and messed them up. Had to rollback.
 +
 
 +
Minutes from Portland, Feb 2017:
 +
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ECCfBwdLUaW3I23RATWCU3kGnSh04Kv0DkH1_KfiLVA/edit?usp=sharing

Latest revision as of 23:41, 29 October 2017

Location and Time

Sunday, 22 October 2017
Start at 0900 Lunch is provided Expectation is to finish by 1700

(before ELC-E [Oct 23-25])

Yes, we know it is Sunday. Best we could do this year.

NOTE: venue has changed, we are now at:

JURY'S INN Prague Sokolovská 204/11, 186 00 Praha 8-Florenc, Czechia

This hotel is across the street from the Hilton (ELCE venue). If you have any difficulty please let jefro know.

Planning to Attend

APOLOGIES - this room is now completely full

CONNECT: https://zoom.us/j/146938124

  • Jeff Osier-Mixon "Jefro"
  • Behan Webster (behanw)
  • Philip Balister (Crofton)
  • Martin Jansa (JaMa)
  • Scott Murray (smurray)
  • Peter Kjellerstedt (Saur)
  • Armin Kuster (Armpit)
  • Paul Barker (paulbarker)
  • Myunghun Chun
  • Changhyeok Bae (chbae)
  • Adrian Ratiu (aratiu)
  • Josef Holzmayr (LetoThe2nd)
  • Jan Leupold
  • Anders Darander
  • Sean Hudson (darknighte)
  • Tim Orling (moto-timo)
  • Ricardo Ribalda (ribalda)
  • Nicolas Dechesne (ndec)
  • Richard Purdie (RP)
  • Andrei Gherzan (agherzan)
  • Denys Dmytriyenko (denix)
  • Anton Gerasimov
  • Rich Persaud
  • Koen Kooi
  • Marek Vasut (marex)
  • Ruslan Bilovol
  • Grygorii Tertychnyi
  • Bruce Ashfield (zeddii)
  • Mark Hatle (fray)
  • Jan-Simon Möller (dl9pf)
  • Mike Looijmans flight landing at 8:15
  • Mario Domenech Goulart (mario-goulart)
  • Andrea Galbusera (gizero)
  • Michael Ho
  • David Reyna
  • Marco Cavallini (mckoan) flight landing at 13:25
  • Alex Lennon
  • Bill Mills
  • Jon Humphreys
  • Rudy Grigar
  • George McCollister (georgem) flight landing at 11:00
  • Beth Flanagan
  • Moritz Fischer
  • Kate Stewart (for SPDX discussion)

APOLOGIES - this room is now completely full

Agenda Items

  1. Review open Action items from previous meeting(s?)
  2. Board Member voting process
  3. Stack Overflow report (From someone who regularly watches stackoverflow)
  4. Demos for FOSDEM and other events. Good chance to (discretely) show your company's work. (Philip)
  5. Long-term releases support (more than one year)
  6. Automated CVE checking, issues with cve-check-tool, alternative tools
  7. MvTest - Test Automation framework
  8. License compliance (Saur)
    1. Providing source (archiver.bbclass)
    2. Providing means to build
    3. Distribute as much as possible vs distribute as little as possible
  9. Backwards compatibility checking sstate-cache (https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2017-June/036920.html)
    1. How do we help folks to generate a source tarball in addition to a listing of source in their build?
    2. How folks is actually using sstate-cache in a multiuser environment?
  1. Feedback on current stable branch maintenance (Maintainer will leave room to encourage openness)
    1. How is it working
    2. What is not working
    3. Areas to improve
  1. Meta-openembedded maintainers
    1. How is it working
    2. Areas to improve
    3. Who's willing to help?
      1. meta-oe ( armpit will take)

Minutes

The collaborative minutes from OEDEM 2017 can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R_pV_PumhZ9a8_aRDTuW7wBjqNwIDuau7FGr6sYYRu0/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks to all who helped with minutes

Portland OEDEM AR's:

  AI: OE Board -  ELC-E, try to get a 2-hour block for lightning talks.  (ELC-E is Mon - Wed)
  AI: Scott Murray to email oe-architecture asking for input
    - Clean up Cryto to help Fips
 Left-over from Berlin and Portland.  
   Still need a git hook (or similar) that will email the security list when a security patch is committed to the project(s), using the standard CVE format.


Prior minutes

Looking for minutes, Found minutes. Someone edited post meeting and messed them up. Had to rollback.

Minutes from Portland, Feb 2017: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ECCfBwdLUaW3I23RATWCU3kGnSh04Kv0DkH1_KfiLVA/edit?usp=sharing