Talk:Prototype Main Page
Here is the content from the old wiki main page
There is the work in progress reference manual for OE available in the following formats: <a href="/user-manual">HTML</a>.
Please check it, as it is updated often. It needs your contribution, too.
This wiki contains various topics of relevance to OpenEmbedded.
OE Developer Wiki
Getting started with OE and bitbake
- Required software - Software you'll need on your system to use OE
- Getting started - Instructions on setting up and using OpenEmbedded
- MonotonePhraseBook - We use Monotone for version control. Right now, monotone is not really fast especially if you have a lot of revisions to incorporate, but its performance increases with each new version released. So, if you tried mtn a few months ago, try the latest version now - you will be amazed how it is progressed.
- OpenEmbedded and your distribution - Instructions on using OE with specific base systems/distributions
- Useful configurations - Details of some of the more common/useful configuration options
- Useful targets - Details of some of the commonly used and more useful OE targets
- OeFaq - Questions, answers, and solutions to problems
- IceCC - Compiling on a cluster of machines
- BitBake Users Manual - Read about the .bb, .bbclass, and .conf file formats and core bitbake options.
- Directory structure - Read about the OpenEmbedded directory structure.
- Recipe format - Read about the .bb file format and variables used by OpenEmbedded.
- Building and installing MinimalX86 image (page missing)
- German Users Manual
- Another nice introduction on working with OE
- Tutorial demonstrating how to set up OpenEmbedded
- Tutorial demonstrating putting a bootable image on compact flash
- Policies - The guidelines OpenEmbedded and its developers should adhere to.
- Report bugs and patches - Please report only OpenEmbedded related bugs to our bugtracker and others bugs to the respective projects bugtrackers (eg. Opie, GPE, OpenZaurus or handhelds.org bugtrackers).
- Submitting Packages - Add your packages as plaintext to our bugtracker.
- Development plans - How we intend to develop BitBake/OE.
- Bitbake background - Past, present, and future of BitBake, a build tool used by OE.
- OpenEmbedded migration monotone 0.27 migration.
- This wiki is Drupal-based and uses MediaWiki syntax.
- Quality Assurance Architecture - Create and help with the OpenEmbedded quality assurance architecture.
- Sending build and test reports - Help to spot build regression by sending your bitbake build and BitTest reports to the dedicated TinderBox
- Automatically file bug reports on build failures - Configure your autobuild to automatically send bug reports to the bug tracker of your choiche.
- Checking metadata - Help to improve the metadata correctness and consistency using BitTest.
- NewsLetters - The OOO Newsletters
- Papers and presentations - Some presentations people have given about OE
- Success stories - See who is using OpenEmbedded successfully in commercial, non-commercial, and research
- The ProjectDevices won at the TuxMobil GNU/Linux Award 2005 or donated by users.
- Wondering where all those developers are located? koen has created a nice map of some of them.
OE-based Distribution Wiki
- Ångström - Ångström was started by a small group of people who worked on the OpenEmbedded, OpenZaurus and OpenSimpad projects to unify their effort to make a stable and userfriendly distribution for embedded devices like handhelds,set top boxes and network-attached storage devices and more.
- jLime - Linux distribution for the HP Jornada and NEC Mobilepro series of handhelds.
- Nylon - Linux distribution for the 4G AccessCube (aka MeshCube) wireless mesh router.
- OWMNR - A wireless router distribution for a number of architectures including x86,ppc and mips.
- OpenMoko - completely open stack for mobile smartphones.
- OpenSimpad - Linux distribution for the Siemens SIMpad and the closely related german telecom's T-Sinus Pad.
- OpenSlug - Linux distribution for the Linksys NSLU2 Network Storage Appliance.
- OpenZaurus - Linux distribution for the Sharp Zaurus series of handheld computers.
OE Google Summer Of Code 2006
- PackagedStaging Putting staging under package control to be implemented by Koen Kooi