A list of projects, companies and other people using OE as well as some quotes from OE users.
- 4G-Systems are using it for the Meshcube, see 
- Dream Multimedia TV are using it for their Dreambox 702x, see 
- M&N Solutions is using it for it's MNCI "Ramses" device for software release 5.4. They use a local derivate of OE for their radio hand-held terminals RT3000 and RT4000 and for their fork-lift terminal RT2100.
- Toradex are using it for their Colibri development boards
- Axon Digital Design builds small Linux based firmwares for some of their modular HDTV boards.
- emQbit is using it for their development boards
- OpenMoko is using it for the OpenMoko SmartPhone Distribution
- Techsol is using it for their Medallion boards.
- Gumstix is using OpenEmbedded for their small form factor Basix, Connex, and Verdex motherboards
- Bug Labs is using Poky Linux on the BUG device, a portable and modular Linux platform.
- BEC Systems is helping customers use OE in commercial projects.
- Sidebranch uses OE to help companies get on speed with embedded Linux in an open manner.
- Hark Technologies uses OE for their AT91SAM9260 SBC
- Ronetix are using KaeilOS it for their development boards
- Palm is using OpenEmbedded to build Palm webOS
- MontaVista Software, Inc. includes BitBake and OpenEmbedded based metadata collections as part of their MVL6 product.
- KOAN use OpenEmbedded (and BitBake) as foundation of their product KaeilOS industrial grade embedded linux.
- kernel concepts makes use of OpenEmbedded in its product µCross
- AMD: internal work on distributions for a thin client
- Openedhand : Internal development work and custom images
- Siemens: internal work in R&D
- TI: internal work on distributions for developer boards
- Digitalcube : internal work in R&D for developer boards and PMP
- kernel concepts : Internal R&D tasks and demo images for customers.
- NXP Semiconductors: Custom images & distributions for research purposes with third parties.
- Telefonica I+D Networked Vehicles Division : R&D tasks in automotive field. OE is used for vehicle On Board Units and infrastructure Road Side Units.
- Atmel: demos and documentation on all AT91 ARM based products available on www.linux4sam.org : are using Ångström/OE.
- Mentorel: demo images for customers using Ångström/OE.
- SlimLogic: Customer and internal R&D projects.
- Eccam: is using Ångström/OE in R&D projects - like this map rendering demo.
Education and Research
- University of Twente: http://www.freeband.nl/project.cfm?id=494&language=en
- University of California, San Diego: https://wiisard.org/
- University of Frankfurt: ELAN Project (E-Learning in Mobile Ad-hoc Networks)
- All Ångström releases are based on OE
- All OpenZaurus releases >= 3.5.1 are based on OE
- All OpenSIMpad releases >= 0.9.1 are based on OE
- OpenSlug distribution for the Linksys NSLU2 and the Unslung distribution for the NSLU2 as well.
- OWMNR - Open Wireless Metropolitan Network Router. OE based distribution for creating a wireless router.
- GPE Phone Edition uses OE for VMWare demo images and to build SDKs.
- The JLime Linux distribution uses OE for all current releases.
- All Mamona releases are based on OE
- Jalimo maintains the Java build recipes in OE and provides binary packages for Maemo-based devices.
- The italian company KOAN adopted OE in February 2009 as foundation for their KaeilOS distribution since its release 4.0
Well, looks like openembedded has really sorted out my install/setup nightmare for this eval board... thanks you guys. In the last 4 hours, i've gotten more done with this board than i have in 6 months.
I will try and add an smdk2410.conf machine file to the setup soon... not that i expect it'll be useful to a lot of people, but i'll try to at least document it so that other machines can be supported easily enough.
Well I just got OE set up and I've been really impressed so far.
OE takes all of the hassle out of cross-compiling.