You are going to FOSDEM and can spend some time at the OpenEmbedded stand to explain interested individuals the virtues of OpenEmbedded? Add your name and on which day you'll be available.
- Paul Eggleton (Saturday, Sunday)
- Henning Heinold (both days partly)
- Philip Balister (Saturday)
- Florian Boor (sometimes, both days)
A bunch of tasks need to be carried out to make our attendance a pleasant experience. Each task needs a volunteer who is willing to help.
- Converted the large box to a suitcase and a tiny
- ... will arrive Saturday morning
People standing in front of our booth often want to know what kind of device it is that blinks so funnily. ;) We could make things easier by being able to print small tags providing some information about board manufacturer, CPU, RAM and what its relation to OpenEmbedded is.
- Paul Eggleton - MinnowBoard, Galileo
Flyers and posters
You can bring and/or print OpenEmbedded flyers and posters? Add your name and what you'll bring.
- Florian (flyers and poster)
Power extensions, adapters and other stand material
Bringing devices is cool but we need a way to bring power to them too. Additionally people might need power sockets for different systems than the european one. List your name and what stuff you can bring.
- Presentation file for use on the display - Paul
- Machine to connect for displaying the presentation (hopefully with the ability to show off Toaster) - Paul
Attending FOSDEM 2014? Add your name to this page so that other developers can look out for you!
- Paul Eggleton (bluelightning)
- Philip Balister (Crofton)
- Henning Heinold (woglinde)
- Phil Blundell (pb_)
- Koen Kooi (koen)
- Marcin Juszkiewicz (hrw)
- Jack Mitchell (jackmitchell)
- Graeme Gregory (XorA)
- Paul Barker (paulbarker)
- Lukas Bulwahn
- Maxin B. John
- Florian Boor (florian)
Although FOSDEM itself takes place at the ULB campus, most folks prefer to stay nearer the city centre.
The Astrid has traditionally been the default choice for OE developers, though there are many other hotels in the area. If you are staying in a hotel other than the Astrid, feel free to add it to this section for the benefit of others. Recently, most of us stay at the Saint Nicolas due to the free breakfast and wifi.
Scandic Grand Place.
Rue d'Arenberg 18 Close to beer event (300 m) and Central Station. Tram to Fosdem around the corner. Bus to FOSDEM Train + Bus to FOSDEM Free WiFi
Hôtel Saint Nicolas *** Rue Marché aux Poulets 32 1000 Bruxelles Tél. +32/2-219.04.40 Fax +32/2-219.17.21 http://www.st-nicolas.be close to beer event, bus to Fosdem few minutes by walk from hotel.
IBIS Brussels off Grand' Place
Grasmarkt 100 Rue du Marché aux Herbes 100 1000 BRUSSELS
Be Manos Hotel
23-27, Square de LAviation 1070 Brussels close to Midi station