<analytics uacct="UA-3499561-6" ></analytics>
Welcome to OpenEmbedded
| Welcome to OpenEmbedded, the build framework for embedded Linux. OpenEmbedded offers a best-in-class cross-compile environment. It allows developers to create a complete Linux Distribution for embedded systems. Some of the OpenEmbedded advantages include:
- adopted as the build system for the Yocto Project in March 2011.
- support for many hardware architectures
- multiple releases for those architectures
- tools for speeding up the process of recreating the base after changes have been made
- easy to customize
- runs on any Linux distribution
- cross-compiles 1000's of packages including GTK+, Qt, the X Windows system, Mono, Java, and about anything else you might ever need
- 2018-03-11: OpenEmbedded will have a developers meeting OEDAM 2018 in Portland.
- 2018-02-21: OpenEmbedded will have a members meeting 2018 02 General Meeting online.
- 2018-02-03: OpenEmbedded will have a stand at FOSDEM 2018 in Brussels. See you there!
See News Archive for older news.