Testing with QEMU
QEMU is great for testing images and apps. There is no need to flash or install images back and forth on real hardware. Here are a few things that may help you testing OE stuff with QEMU.
Do's and Dont's
- use at least version 0.9x of qemu, earlier versions are unreliable
- if possible use the poky-qemu and poky-scripts, they are more widely tested than stock qemu
good to know
- official documentation
- Ctrl+Alt+1: guest OS
- Ctrl+Alt+2: qemu monitor (supports tab-completion, hint: sendkey)
- Ctrl+Alt+3: serial console
- Ctrl+Alt+4: parallel console (?)
- logfile at ???