[bitbake-devel] Bug with clearing SRCREV cache

Daniel Lazzari dlazzari at leapfrog.com
Tue Aug 2 19:06:42 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure if this is an oe-core or a bitbake bug, so I'm trying here first. I noticed the other day that one of our recipes that pulls source from svn and uses SRCREV = "AUTOINC" wasn't pulling the latest revision even after a cleanall. After a lot of digging, I discovered that fetcher_init() was clearing the srcrev cache in "tmp-angstrom_2010_x " rather than "tmp-angstrom_2010_x-uclibc". It appears that the following line in persist_data.py is the culprit:

    cachedir = (bb.data.getVar("PERSISTENT_DIR", d, True) or
                bb.data.getVar("CACHE", d, True))

PERSISTENT_DIR doesn't evaluate to the correct value. Changing it to just pull from CACHE seems to fix it, but I'm not sure how important PERSISTENT_DIR is or even what it does.

Any guidance on this?

Dan Lazzari Jr.
Firmware Engineer
dlazzari at leapfrog.com