[bitbake-devel] How bitbake works(Draft)

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Dec 7 13:01:49 UTC 2011

Hi Robert,

On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 11:27 +0800, Robert Yang wrote:
> Here is a doc about how bitbake works, it may help the bitbake
> newbie to understand how bitbake works, I'm very glad to add it
> to the public bitbake repository as documentation if it is useful.
> please feel free to give you comments.

I like this and I do think we need to improve the bitbake documentation.
We do need to ensure there is some consistent style and format for the
documents though so anything going into the repository really needs to
be added to the existing manual.

I'm also a little concerned that in its current form (listing arguments
to functions), this documentation would be high maintenance. If we could
separate it from the code implementation details a little bit, I think
it would make it less likely to bitrot quite as quickly.

Cheers,

Richard