[bitbake-devel] Bitbake Server Cleanup and XMLRPC/None server resurection

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Jun 8 19:50:09 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 13:25 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> The ongoing issue of the server support in bitbake upstream verses the
> copy of bitbake in poky has been a pain point for a while. I've now
> committed changes to bring the two back into sync. I've done a variety
> of testing but its likely I've missed some combinations of
> bitbakes/servers/UIs so I'd like to ask for people to test the cases
> they use and check nothing got broken. If it has, please report it so we
> can get it fixed.
>
> It is likely there is some cleanup than can be made on top of these
> patches for now I've concentrated on bring things into sync trying to
> ensure everything works.

Just to give some further information about this, I now have two
branches with changes on which together would bring bitbake totally into
sync between the two projects:

http://git.openembedded.net/cgit.cgi/bitbake/log/?h=master-poky

has the 9 commits which are not in bitbake master. Many of those are not
desirable and likely will just get dropped but it made sense to separate
them out like this as a first step.

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=rpurdie/bbsync

has the commits which are needed on top of what we have in poky today.
There are 21 of them and I'm working through and testing a few things
before merging them so its currently getting testing/review.

Cheers,

Richard