[bitbake-devel] [OE-core] meta-micro problems

Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov dbaryshkov at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 18:00:01 UTC 2011

On 09/28/2011 05:32 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 September 2011 13:51:52 Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov wrote:
>> If you wish, I can retry this with smaller layer set. But if the bug
>> will still arise, I simply have no knowledge/time to look deeper into bb
>> without additional input/pointers from bb gurus.
>
> That's OK, I can spend time looking into it. It sounds like a bug in bitbake
> if metadata can influence it to behave this way. If we can produce a simplified
> test case I think it will be easier to fix.

I have rechecked things on my test box, meta-micro still causes fails
for me on rebuild. Setup:

I use setup-scripts from angstrom, change bblayers.conf to contain only
oe-core and meta-micro, switched DISTRO to "micro", changed
PARALLEL_MAKE to -j 4, BB_NUMBER_THREADS to 4, machine is qemuarm

Then:
1) bitbake pseudo-native succeeds
2) next bitbake pseudo-native fails. Usually in rm_work of any of the
packages (automake-native,openssl-native,python-native are few to name).

--
With best wishes
Dmitry