[bitbake-devel] hob2: make xterm automatically exit after qemu exits?

Cui, Dexuan dexuan.cui at intel.com
Thu Apr 5 17:07:49 UTC 2012

Cui, Dexuan wrote on 2012-04-05:
> Hi all, I'm testing hob2's "Run image" functionality and found the xterm
> window doesn't exit automatically after the qemu exits.
>
> As a result, every time when I try "Run image", a new xterm window is created.
> After some rounds of testing, I have to manually terminate many windows one
> by one... Is this the intended behavior? If no, I think we should remove the ";
> bash" from builder.py(see the grep result at the end of the mail)?
>
> BTW, I think the hig.py (the deploy tool) has the same issue?
>
> $ grep "; bash" bitbake/ -nr
> bitbake/lib/bb/ui/crumbs/builder.py:937: cmdline += "runqemu " + kernel_path
> + " " + image_path + "; bash\""
> bitbake/lib/bb/ui/crumbs/hig.py:741: cmdline += "\"sudo dd if=" +
> self.image_path + " of=" + combo_item + "; bash\""

A new question:
Why do we use /usr/bin/xterm here by hardcode?
Can we change it to matchbox-terminal? Or, can we use some kind of
algorithm to determine the available terminal?

I asked the question because in the self-hosted-image of poky,
we don't have xterm (poky doesn't have a recipe for xterm) and I
think it may not deserve the effort to add a recipe for xterm only
for this specific usage in self-hosted-image.

Thanks,
-- Dexuan