[bitbake-devel] executable metadata not supported in bbappend files?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Sun Dec 23 19:43:00 UTC 2012

On Friday 21 December 2012 23:50:25 Bob Cochran wrote:
> On 12/21/2012 08:35 PM, Bob Cochran wrote:
> > I just noticed that the current bitbake manual states in the "Defining
> > executable metadata" section that executable metadata is only supported
> > in .bb and .bbclass files, but I find that I can put (at least some
> > basic) tasks in .bbappend files, too.
> >
> > Is this an oversight in the documentation, or are there gotchas adding
> > tasks to bbappend files that I haven't come across?  If it's the former,
> > I'll submit a patch.
>
> I see that bbappend isn't mentioned anywhere in the bitbake manual.
> That's a little confusing?

This is just an example of where the bitbake manual needs updating - bbappends
weren't implemented when it was written. I believe the bitbake manual is being
updated at the moment but I'm sure patches would still be welcome to extend it
to mention bbappends in the appropriate places.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton