[bitbake-devel] cache broken in master

Xu, Dongxiao dongxiao.xu at intel.com
Sat Feb 25 06:56:46 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-02-25 at 00:47 +0100, Andreas Oberritter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> commit 1c1df03a6c4717bfd5faab144c4f8bbfcbae0b57 broke bitbake's
> dependency cache for me, i.e. it parses all recipes on every invocation
> and always displays "(0 cached, 1269 parsed)". Deleting tmp/cache didn't
> help. Reverting this commit restores the functionality.

Hi Andreas,

Sorry for the inconvenience that this commit brought to you.

Could you help to try the following and send me your "/tmp/1.log
and /tmp/2.log"?

1) apply the attached "cache_debug.patch"
2) remove tmp/cache
3) bitbake -p &> /tmp/1.log
4) bitbake -p &> /tmp/2.log

Besides, you can have a try of the attached cache_whitelist.patch to see
if it fixes your problem.

Thanks,
Dongxiao