[bitbake-devel] source folder package dependency

Aleh Arol aleh.arol at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 15:40:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have a question I don't know how to solve:
I have a library, for example, boost, and a part of that
library(packaged together I mean), like bjam is required to build it.

So I have boost-X.Y.Z.bb recipe and src/boost-X.Y.Z folder(I have
sources locally) and I need to create bjam recipe. I can make
bjam-X.Y.Z.bb where I will refer to folder src/boost-${PV} as ${SRC_URI}
and ${S} to find jam sources under. Then if I'll need to have 5
different versions of boost I'll need to create 5 different versions of
bjam recipe.... although I can use bjam.inc it will still be 5 bjam recipes.

How can I avoid that? Any way to have a version agnostic bjam recipe? Or the right way of doing this.

--
Best regards,
Aleh Arol