[bitbake-devel] Regarding Bitbake parsing error

aiswarya mohan aiswaryassn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 10:59:13 UTC 2012

Hello!

We set the configurations of Openembedded and Bitbake as per the user
manual.
The PATH AND BBPATH values have also been set appropriately.

But then when we tried to build the opie-image.bb (sample from recipes
folder), it lead to the following error:

*enggdesign at ubuntu:~/Desktop/OE/build$ export
BBPATH=/Desktop/OE/build:/Desktop/OE/openembedded
enggdesign at ubuntu:~/Desktop/OE/build$ bitbake opie-image.bb
ERROR: Unable to parse conf/bitbake.conf: file conf/bitbake.conf not found
in /Desktop/OE/build:/Desktop/OE/openembedded*

We also noticed that bitbake.conf was not found in the build/conf directory.

Kindly get back to us as soon as possible.

Regards,
Abhinaya
Aiswarya