[bitbake-devel] is there a bitbake command to *just* fetch all necessary packages?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Jun 18 22:28:37 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 16:13 -0500, Mark Hatle wrote:
> On 6/18/12 4:08 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Robert P. J. Day<rpjday at crashcourse.ca>  wrote:
> >>
> >>   perhaps i'm just misreading the docs, but is there a bitbake
> >> incantation that does *nothing* more than fetch the packages needed
> >> for a target image?
> >>
> >>   if i use "bitbake -c fetchall", the result is not just to fetch the
> >> source, but to unload and patch it as well.
> >
> > hmmm I thought it did just what it says 'fetch all' but as you say it
> > seems to do more hmm I am not sure if its intended behavior
>
> In order for fetchall to work, there are a few dependencies that have to be
> executed as well..
>
> But bitbake -c fetchall <target>, will fetch everything needed for the <target>
> recipe.  It will extract and build only the items necessary for fetch to work
> properly.

So just to be clear, the issues are git-native, potentially
subversion-native and also potentially pseudo-native getting built by
the wrapper. If you add those to ASSUME_PROVIDED, and skip the wrapper,
to avoid pseudo-native (or teach the wrapper to pass through -c fetchall
directly?) it will just fetch.

Cheers,

Richard