[bitbake-devel] Conflict between BBCLASSEXTEND and named recipes.

Jeremy Puhlman jpuhlman at mvista.com
Fri Mar 16 17:09:18 UTC 2012

There seems to be a bug with available providers when a recipe file
provides the same name as an extended recipe. The extended version of
the recipe does not seem to be available at all.

Example:

If zlib_1.2.6.bb exists in a layer, with BBCLASSEXTEND="native
zlib-nativesdk" defined, and zlib-native_1.2.5.bb exists, the version
1.2.6 of zlib-native is not selectable at all.

bitbake -s | grep zlib
zlib                                                :1.2.6-r0
zlib-native                                         :1.2.5-r0
zlib-nativesdk                                      :1.2.6-r0

Even with PREFERRED_PROVIDER_zlib-naitve = 1.2.6 the results are the
same. I have been poking around the parser, but really haven't made any
progress, figured I would poke the list.

--
Jeremy Puhlman
Montavista Software, LLC.