[bitbake-devel] wanting to verify best way to set up a local source mirror

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Mar 19 13:18:56 UTC 2012

  we had a recent discussion on the yocto ML about this and i'd like
to confirm the best way to define a local source mirror.

  currently, the bitbake manual (chapter 3), discusses how to set up
something like that,

PREMIRRORS ?= "\
bzr://.*/.*   http://somemirror.org/sources/ \n \
cvs://.*/.*   http://somemirror.org/sources/ \n \
git://.*/.*   http://somemirror.org/sources/ \n \
hg://.*/.*    http://somemirror.org/sources/ \n \
osc://.*/.*   http://somemirror.org/sources/ \n \
p4://.*/.*    http://somemirror.org/sources/ \n \
svk://.*/.*   http://somemirror.org/sources/ \n \
svn://.*/.*   http://somemirror.org/sources/ \n"

  in my case, i have a directory of tarballs i've collected over the
years that i want to take advantage of, and i was using this in my
local.conf file:

PREMIRRORS_prepend = "\
git://.*/.* file:///home/rpjday/dl/ \n \
svn://.*/.* file:///home/rpjday/dl/ \n \
cvs://.*/.* file:///home/rpjday/dl/ \n \
ftp://.*/.* file:///home/rpjday/dl/ \n \
http://.*/.* file:///home/rpjday/dl/ \n \
https://.*/.* file:///home/rpjday/dl/ \n"

which was kind of tedious but it seemed to work fine.

  however, gary thomas suggested the following instead (which is way
nicer):

SOURCE_MIRROR_URL ?= "file:///home/rpjday/dl/"
INHERIT += "own-mirrors"
BB_GENERATE_MIRROR_TARBALLS = "1"
# BB_NO_NETWORK = "1"

which makes sense given this from meta/classes/own-mirrors.bbclass in
oe-core:

REMIRRORS() {
cvs://.*/.*     ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
svn://.*/.*     ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
git://.*/.*     ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
hg://.*/.*      ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
bzr://.*/.*     ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
svk://.*/.*     ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
p4://.*/.*      ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
osc://.*/.*     ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
https?$://.*/.* ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
ftp://.*/.*     ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
}

so i would think that the bitbake manual could be updated to refer to
this cleaner solution, as long as it works the way i think it does.
is there anything else that could be said about using the own-mirrors
class that a reader might want to know?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca