[bitbake-devel] 1.16 stable series

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Nov 1 06:14:35 UTC 2012

One of the issues with previous OE-Core and Poky releases has been
deciding which bitbake should be used used with them. There is a copy of
bitbake in poky denzil which is a now becoming a bit of a Frankenstein,
not corresponding to any particular bitbake release with various random
patches from master. This isn't necessarily a bad thing and users of
poky find it useful but I think we can do better.

This time around, for the danny series I made sure we had a bitbake
stable branch available to correspond with it (1.16). I'm planning to
use the 1.16 branch as a stable bitbake branch and directly include that
in poky-danny verbatim. So far I don't think there have been any
invasive changes on master so I might just push current master into the
1.16 branch. As development moves forward, we'd move to a model of
picking specific commits that make sense for the branch.

I really just wanted to let people know what I was intending here, I
doubt its too controversial and if people have specific things they want
to see in the stable branch, feel free to point them out!

Cheers,

Richard