[bitbake-devel] Updates to Build Appliance drives it into a bad state

Cristian Iorga cristian.iorga at intel.com
Fri Nov 16 19:11:32 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Because there have been a lot of improvements into Hob after 1.3 Yocto
Project, I have decided to update the Build Appliance to a more recent
version of Yocto Linux, and of course, as a consequence, of Hob.

I started with different revisions of the poky tree, gradually setting
the BA with the poky tree commit
9e0d3c0faa9cc80ce8f2ce0eb31dcd20ef875955, which is RP's "sstate: Bump
version number to deal with layout fixes" fix.

However, I see two major issues with this HEAD for YP's BA's Linux tree:

1. The first time the BA starts, it will give an error regarding a
bitbake timeout related to a command sent by Hob. See
bitbake-server-command-timeout-2012-11-15 18:14:15.png for details.

Please note that is not happening if running Hob natively on my machine
with the same repository revision.
Also, the Hob command which causes a timeout is not the same one on
different runs (the timeout-ed command is different almost on each run).

Now, I managed to track the issue to this commit:

commit c1c20c02a0eb808a099bebfcc7e90188baa22ba4