[bitbake-devel] Checksum failure encountered with download

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 13:30:31 UTC 2013

Hi,

when fetcher fails with ChecksumError it shows error like in subject and
tries another MIRRORs

Would anyone object to keep fetched source with wrong checksum in
downloads directory (renamed so it does not conflict with file with
correct checksum downloaded later)?

Right now it just removes the file:
                        # Remove any incomplete fetch
                        m.clean(ud, self.d)

The problem with this is when upstream repacks some archive I would like
to be able to compare old tarball and new one.

My proposal is to add md5sum of downloaded file to ChecksumError and
rename it to <file>.<md5sum> in "if isinstance(e, ChecksumError):"

Does it make sense (should I send patch for this)?

FWIW: Emerge in gentoo does something similar.

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com