[bitbake-devel] bitbake clean / cleanall / cleansstate not working

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Apr 22 11:05:38 UTC 2013

On Monday 22 April 2013 09:42:07 Purcareata Bogdan-B43198 wrote:
> Richard Purdie wrote:
> > What exactly are you trying to clean? The above messages say it ran 1, 2
> > or 3 tasks and they all succeeded.
>
> In my example, "gcc" can be replaced with any package provided by the Yocto
> recipes. The problem is that nothing is being run - "0 didn't need to be
> rerun " - so the built package is never cleaned. This issue is present when
> running all clean commands - clean, cleanall, cleansstate.

"0 didn't need to be rerun" does not mean nothing was done - it means the
opposite. The number reported here is the number of tasks that were able to be
restored from shared state - none (0) in this case because this is not
applicable to the clean* tasks.

Other than the message above, how are you determining that these tasks are not
doing anything?

> > Keep in mind there are several "gcc" components such as gcc-cross,
> > gcc-cross-initial and so on. "gcc" is the one used on target.
>
> Do you think that a certain package can't be cleaned because of its
> dependencies?

No, that's very unlikely to be the case.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton