[bitbake-devel] [RFC 3/5] bb.tests.fetch_git: initial set of tests for git fetcher

Olof Johansson olof.johansson at axis.com
Wed Dec 18 11:51:20 UTC 2013

On 13-12-18 12:43 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> > +import unittest
> > +from mock import Mock, patch
>
> This is going to cause some headaches since we don't have Mock listed in
> and of the prerequisite documentation, nor is it present in our prebuilt
> tools tarball or do we have a recipe for it.
>
> This is probably enough to block the patch until we can find someone to
> look at fixing that :(

Ah, yeah, I see. It is a very useful testing library, but I could
take a look at rolling my own alternative. Unless there's a way
to make it acceptable for us with bitbake. Would creating a
recipe for it be enough? Or just skip the tests if mock isn't
available?

> Would it be possible to separate out the tests from the other changes?

Yes. I was planning to do that after our discussions on IRC, but
haven't gotten around to it yet. Will hopefully do that before
going on vacation on friday.

Thanks,
--
olofjn