[bitbake-devel] still confused about _append and OVERRIDES and = and +=, argh

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Thu Jan 3 18:08:58 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Trevor Woerner <twoerner at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 9:12 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>
> wrote:
> > and started playing with chris larson's "bitbake-env" utility
>
> Is there any chance of, or interest in, including "bitbake-env" in the
> Yocto Project?

Personally, my intent is for it to become part of a subcommand-based
bitbake command, which could then be integrated into bitbake, but that
depends on interest from Richard. See
https://github.com/kergoth/bb#readmefor the very early prototype, with
bitbake-env as its 'show' subcommand.

If there's no interest in that sort of thing, I'd certainly be open to
bitbake-env being pulled into the bitbake repository, as there's certainly
value/convenience there. For reference, Robert has put together information
on it at http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/OE_bitbake-env_utility.
--
Christopher Larson