[bitbake-devel] Minimal BitBake template

Andrew Stubbs ams at codesourcery.com
Mon Jan 14 14:47:25 UTC 2013

On 14/01/13 14:23, Bill Traynor wrote:
> This doesn't answer your problem directy, and you may have seen this
> tutorial already, but in case not:
>
> http://hambedded.org/blog/2012/11/24/from-bitbake-hello-world-to-an-image/
>
> Note that I'm including a hello world example in the new BitBake User
> Manual I'm working on.

Thanks!  That's a very useful resource. :)

It's surprisingly hard to find BitBake tutorials that do not assume that
one is trying to insert something into OE. I wish I'd found this sooner.

The other think I wish I'd found sooner, that you page references, are
the example conf and bbclass files inside the bitbake sources. I had
assumed they were some sort of internal detail, and not for the likes of me.

Apparently my base.bbclass and hello.bb files are absolutely fine, but
something, as yet unidentified, in the bitbake.conf from the sources has
fixed my problem.

Andrew