[bitbake-devel] bitbake DEPENDS problem

hallerHarry at gmx.de hallerHarry at gmx.de
Thu Jan 17 18:50:45 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've got the below described minimalistic bitbake setup. There are two recipes where one recipe (mySecPkg.bb) DEPENDS on the other (myPkg.bb).
According to the OpenEmbedded User Manual [1] and the Yocto Pokey Manual Section 2.3 [2] I would have expected if I run build against mySecPkg that bitbake obeys inter-package dependencies and also builds myPkg since mySecPkg DEPENDS on it.
But this is not the case. Bitbake only builds mySecPkg. Is there something wrong with my assumption or setup? I would appreciate if someone could shed some light on that.

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided!

$ env -i PATH=$PATH:./bitbake-1.17.0/bin bitbake -DDD mySecPkg
DEBUG: providers for myPkg are: ['myPkg']
DEBUG: Resolved 0 extra dependencies
NOTE: Pruned 1 inactive tasks, 1 left

Here is the setup:

|-- bitbake
|   |-- bin
|   |   `-- bitbake
|   `-- ...

|-- conf
|   |-- bblayers.conf
|   |      BBPATH = "${TOPDIR}"
|   |      BBFILES ?= ""
|   |      BBLAYERS ?= "meta"
|   |
|   `-- local.conf
|          BB_NUMBER_THREADS = "2"
|          PARALLEL_MAKE = "-j 2"

`-- meta
    |-- conf
    |   |-- layer.conf
    |   |      BBPATH := "${LAYERDIR}:${BBPATH}"
    |   |      BBFILES := "${BBFILES} ${LAYERDIR}/recipes/*.bb"
    |   |
    |   `-- bitbake.conf
    |          require local.conf

    |-- classes