[bitbake-devel] [OE-core] git address in SRC_URI, doesn't works for me

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Jan 22 10:36:56 UTC 2013

On Saturday 19 January 2013 17:13:01 lei yang wrote:
> One git address's prefix is "http" --->
> http://git.opensvc.com/multipath-tools/.git,
>
> it means
>
> git clone  http://git.opensvc.com/multipath-tools/.git  ---------> works
> git clone git://git.opensvc.com/multipath-tools/.git ---------> doesn't work
>
> I tried SRC_URI with below, both failed
>
> SRC_URI = "http://git.opensvc.com/multipath-tools/.git;protocol=git"
> it tells
> fatal: reference is not a tree: c23c0d33ed98a1dcee40115018b73cb3d4cda8d7
>

> SRC_URI = "git://git.opensvc.com/multipath-tools/.git;protocol=http"
> it doe noting,and trying to find COPING,but it doesn't clone it

I think you already got this answered on IRC, but for reference you need to
use git://....;protocol=http and not http://.....;protocol=git. BitBake uses
the prefix to determine which fetcher to use (matching the type of repository
being fetched from) and then each individual fetcher decides the meaning of
the protocol argument. In this case you're fetching from a git repository
using the HTTP transport protocol.

Cheers,
Paul

--