[bitbake-devel] Creating library

Keskinarkaus, Teemu Teemu.Keskinarkaus at Maximatecc.com
Tue Jun 18 10:30:15 UTC 2013

Hi,

Hopefully this is the correct mailing list.

I'm using Yocto/Poky to create Linux distribution and so far everything has gone rather smoothly, but now I have come up to a problem that I cannot seem to be able to fix.

I'm adding existing old software to Yocto/Poky and they don't use autotools so there is ready made Makefile that does everything.

Problem comes with the library that is compiled that way too. Makefile has targets all and install that does the compilation and installation. Library compiles ok and installs ok too under -build directory, but when bitbake creates the deb-packages it creates only library-dev.deb, library-dbg.deb and library-staticdev.deb. The package library.deb does not get created and that causes build to fail. I looked the logs and bitbake says that NOTE: not creating empty library.deb - package. or something like that.

I've tried anything that comes to my mind and also searched documentation and google and looked other libraries that are in yocto/poky, but just cannot get that work. I've also tried add FILES_${PN} to the recipe to force the files in the library.deb package, but that didn't help.  Makefile installs the files to DESTDIR.

For some reason, maybe because lack of autotools, I had to set S and B dir to point to the dir where library sources are. Would that be causing the problems even though the library gets installed to image in build-directory?

Library.deb isn't the actual name, but just an example.

I wouldn't want to convert all the software to use autotools since there are quite many of them and they are used in other projects as well so it would be rather big task. Any idea how to get that library thing to work?

I have few kernel modules where I also had to set S and B to point the dir where the kernel module sources are, but in those cases there were no problems. Only the library gives me hard time.

-Teemu Keskinarkaus

Actuant Corporation Email Notice

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.
This email is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this email is not an intended recipient, you have received this email in error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return mail and permanently delete the copy you received.

Thank you.