[bitbake-devel] Hello World example for BitBake Manual

Eren Türkay eren at hambedded.org
Thu May 30 19:08:40 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 01:28:11PM -0400, William M.A. Traynor wrote:
> In researching and trying to work through a Hello World example for
> inclusion in the BitBake Manual, I've been able to reproduce the
> examples described in the following thread:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/yocto@yoctoproject.org/msg09347.html
>
> and in the following blog post:
> http://hambedded.org/blog/2012/11/24/from-bitbake-hello-world-to-an-image/

Hello,

I tried to be comprehensive about how OE works in "From bitbake hello
world to an image" post. As Paul suggested, it would be detailed to
include in bitbake manual. However, I would be happy if it was
referenced in the manual :)

There are still some parts that need to be fixed in the document. They
are not show stopper but I haven't got time to fix them.

If you have any suggestions or questions regarding to the post, please
feel free to send an e-mail to me.

Regards,
Eren

--