[bitbake-devel] Interesting typo with a bit confusing python exception

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 09:49:32 UTC 2014

Don't take this as bug report, the first ERROR message is right
and I should have noticed what's wrong sooner, but instead I was
checking "ps" for hanging zombie bitbake (which still happends
from time to time).

Is there something we can do for average bitbake user to get clearer
message?

$ bitbake -c cleansstate tracker | bitbake -c build tracker | tee log.tracker

ERROR: Only one copy of bitbake should be run against a build directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/OE/build/oe-core/bitbake/bin/bitbake", line 382, in <module>
    ret = main()
  File "/OE/build/oe-core/bitbake/bin/bitbake", line 370, in main
    return ui_module.main(server_connection.connection, server_connection.events, configParams)
  File "/OE/build/oe-core/bitbake/lib/bb/ui/knotty.py", line 396, in main
    parseprogress.update(event.current)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'update'

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com