[bitbake-devel] bitbake debugging...

info at sd-kyber.com info at sd-kyber.com
Wed Aug 13 18:06:11 UTC 2014

Hi,
I have a question regarding the practice of debugging bitbake itself:

Is there any document, suggestion what is the best practice to trace / step through the bitbake  execution?

For example, is it possible to put ‘the break point’  at the moment the fetcher module I’m specifying is called?
If that possible — and I think it is - what python environments are common to be used? ActiveSense, something else?

Is there any document describing how to set such a ‘bitbake development’ environment?

I would appreciate all advices and help.
(I’m planning to do it on Linux Machine, running Fedora).

Thanks,
Michael.