[bitbake-devel] bitbake -c cleanall <target>

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Mon Feb 24 07:34:10 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Дмитрий Оботуров <oboturoff at gmail.com> wrote:

> sorry for my stupid question. i am beginner in bitbake.
>
> How I can correct delete all images from folder:
> /build_p5040ds_release/tmp/deploy/images
>
> in yocto system.
>
> i know a command:
>  bitbake -c cleanall <target>
>
> but i am not understand, what this <target>?
>
> i try to use:
> bitbake -c cleanall e5500
> bitbake -c cleanall fsl-networking
> bitbake -c cleanall ppc
> bitbake -c cleanall fsl*
> bitbake -c cleanall fsl-image-minimal-p5040ds-20140212095057.rootfs.tar.gz
> bitbake -c cleanall linux
>
> they are not working.... and I have always error:
> ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES ....

first of all, it's not the right mailing list for such questions. you
should use openemebedded-core or yocto list.

<target> is a recipe name.

well as as dependent tasks. "cleanall" will in turn run the 'make
clean' command in your WORKDIR, clean up the sstate folder for
<target>, and remove any files downloaded by <target> from DOWNLOADS
folder. but it won't clean up tmp/deploy/images, you need to
manage/cleanup this folder yourself.