[bitbake-devel] how much effort is going into updating bitbake user manual?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Jul 8 11:31:20 UTC 2014

  i ask since i'm teaching an OE/yocto course in a couple weeks, and i
want to make the bitbake user manual part of the student kit, which is
why i'm currently clawing my way through it, being pedantic and all
and doing lots of (admittedly picky) touchups.

  case in point -- there are at least some BB variables that aren't
listed in the glossary, such as PARALLEL_MAKE. i'm making a list of
these, but i know that the yocto project also has a massive reference
manual which includes a variable glossary. so where should i
concentrate my efforts? personally, if something is BB-specific, i'd
rather it go into the BB user manual.

  also, what's the timeframe for getting my patches into the repo? the
course isn't til the week of jul 21-24 so there's lots of time for the
patches to be applied, it would just be nice to know that they'll be
incorporated by the time the course starts.

  thanks, back to proofreading ...

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca