[bitbake-devel] is there a TODO/issues list for bitbake user manual enhancements?

Rifenbark, Scott M scott.m.rifenbark at linux.intel.com
Fri Jun 27 05:05:22 UTC 2014

Robert,

The best way to track this stuff is to open a bug on it in Bugzilla
(https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/).  Assign the bug to me and note
these specific variables.

Thanks,
Scott

>    is there anywhere to track proposed changes to the bitbake user
> manual? one of the things i've already noted is that the variable
> glossary is somewhat incomplete. for example, at the very least, it
> should include the following variables that are explicitly set in
> bitbake's own bitbake.conf file:
>
>   CVSDIR
>   DEPLOY_DIR
>   DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE
>   FILE_DIRNAME
>   GITDIR
>   IMAGE_CMD
>   IMAGE_ROOTFS
>   SVNDIR
>   TARGET_ARCH
>   TMPDIR
>   WORKDIR
>
> is there a list to add these to? or is most of the effort these days
> being invested in the yocto version of the ref manual?

I spend time in the BitBake manual as needed.  BTW - your patches to it
have been applied.  They might not be in the BitBake repo yet but they
are applied and in my contrib area.  And, of course, you can see them in
the "latest" version of the manual.