[bitbake-devel] Bitbake do_unpack checksum?

Olivier Dugas dugaso at sonatest.com
Mon Sep 22 19:37:37 UTC 2014

my bad, you're right. I would need to recompute the checksum at every
do_unpack().
I know that no journal and high write delay could corrupt my disk. In
this event I would reformat and rebuild the image, no big deal. What
seem to me like a big deal though is to have a healthy hard drive that
will once every 2 year flip a bit randomly on one of my downloaded
tarball, and not having bitbake verify the checksum just in case.

When I say it this way, I realize having bitbake doing checksum for
every already downloaded tarball in the system could indeed add
significant overhead, like said by Richard Purdie, even if I thought
that a checksum was a fast operation... So I'm stuck. What would be the
best solution then? I can't see any other simple solution then the one
you proposed in #5571.

What do you think?

*Olivier*