[bitbake-devel] Getting bitbake_prserv database contents to persist across power loss

Ben Shelton ben.shelton at ni.com
Fri Sep 26 22:01:53 UTC 2014

Hi all,

We're currently running a shared PR server that is used by all the
OpenEmbedded build machines on our intranet (both for developers'
machines and for nightly build machines).

We recently ran into an issue where the blade that the shared PR server
runs on was shut down unexpectedly and the PR history since the PR
server was last restarted was not committed to disk.  Looking at the
commit 'prserv: Ensure data is committed', it looks like the only times
the transactions are committed is when the PR server process is shut
down.

What would be your guidance in this case?  Should we just shut down /
restart the PR server nightly to save off the data?  If we wrote a patch
to the PR server to commit the data to the database at runtime-specified
intervals, would that be something we could upstream?

Thanks,
Ben