[bitbake-devel] List available kernel modules

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Apr 28 16:50:55 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-04-28 at 15:43 +0100, Katu Txakur wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm using Yocto to bitbake a kernel and I would like to list the
> available kernel modules to decide which ones should I include. Could
> somebody please point me to the documentation explaining this. I've
> failed to find it.
>

> I know how to use the menuconfig, but I would like to see the list.
> Something similar to checking the list of packages that a recipe
> builds with
> bitbake -e myrecipe | grep ^PACKAGES=

This question is more appropriate for the yocto list really. You can see
the list of build packages by looking at the list of files in
tmp/deploy/<package manager> and kernel modules are prefixed
"kernel-module-" so something like:

ls tmp/deploy/ipk/qemux86/kernel-module-*

will give you a list assuming ipk packaging and qemux86 as the machine.

Cheers,

Richard