[bitbake-devel] PREFERRED_VERSION with % wildcard picking unexpected version

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Wed Dec 9 23:27:36 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 6:13 AM, Andre McCurdy <armccurdy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have two recipes within a single layer:
>
>   stblinux_3.14-1.7.bb
>   stblinux_3.14-1.8.bb
>
> If PREFERRED_VERSION_stblinux is set to "3.14%", then I would expect
> the version 3.14-1.8 recipe to be selected, however 3.14-1.7 gets
> selected instead.
>
> Reversing the order of files stored in pkg_pn[pn] seems to help. Is it
> a reasonable solution?

I have a somewhat similar issue..

in oe-core we have GCCVERSION set to 5.%, if I add meta-linaro layer
which has gcc_5.1.bb (while OE has gcc_5.2.bb), I am seeing this:

$ bitbake -e gcc | grep ^PV
PV="5.1.0"

While I would expect 5.2.0 to be picked up.

This patch does not fix this issue, btw.

If I remove gcc_5.1.bb from my layers, then I can see:

$ bitbake -e gcc | grep ^PV
PV="5.2.0"