[bitbake-devel] [META] tools to make sure the code is sane

Damian, Alexandru alexandru.damian at intel.com
Fri Jul 24 17:09:22 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share a bit of personal experience using tools to check
python code.

I've started to use pylint to statically check the toaster code. A patchset
that fixes issues highlighted by pylint up in certain parts of the code, is
available for review on:

https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=adamian/bug_fixes

I've also start using landscape.io which does kind of the same job, and
it's free for open source projects. I've started checking my patches with
this tools, and you can follow it here:

https://landscape.io/github/ddalex/bitbake

What's hosted as "master" on github is not the bitbake upstream, but my WIP
code that's posted for review.

Hope this helps,
Alex

--