[bitbake-devel] Library not getting installed to intended path

Yogesh Tyagi yogesh.bit2006 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 12:16:54 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am using yocto 1.6 and I have written a component and written bitbake
recipe file for this component. When rootfs is created my library is found
in "/lib" directory but I want it to be installed to
"/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10" directory (which is already created by open
source gstreamer packages).

Following is the content of my bb file:

DESCRIPTION = "Plugin for support in GStreamer"

LICENSE = "BSD | LGPLv2.1"
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://COPYING;md5=7e2d09b34a9cdf39567252d39ce57cca"

DEPENDS = "virtual/libc \
           system-utils \
           gstreamer \
           gst-plugins-base \
          "

PR = "r0"

TD_PKG_REPO = "td-gst-plugin"

inherit autotools td_package td_paths

Makefile.am of my component is pretty basic. It does not modify any default
installations path.
I have tried different options like adding "FILES_${PN}" to bb file and
writing do_install() function but not able to install my lib to
"/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10". Can somebody please help me with this issue?

Thanks,
Yogesh