[bitbake-devel] Library not getting installed to intended path

Yogesh Tyagi yogesh.bit2006 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 04:09:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

The library for which I passed -module and and -avoid-version in
Makefile.am is not going to rootfs.

libgstfl_la_LDFLAGS = -module -avoid-version

library is installed if I add this line to Makefile.am

libdir = /lib/gstreamer-0.10

and these to bb file

FILES_${PN} += "/lib/gstreamer-0.10"
FILES_${PN}-dbg += "/lib/gstreamer-0.10/.debug"
INSANE_SKIP_${PN} += "dev-so

Is this correct to use INSANE_SKIP or is it not recommended?

Should I consider not to inherit autotools?  I have seen a lot of packages
doing that. In this case whattever path I assign here in FILES variable ,
my library is installed to that path but with autotools I have to use
INSANE_SKIP option.

Thanks,
Yogesh