[bitbake-devel] prserv nohist mode is broken - suggested fix included

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Jun 16 16:26:40 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-06-15 at 22:53 +1000, Peter Urbanec wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've run into a strange problem where in some cases package version
> numbers would roll back. Eventually I tracked the issue to prserv
> apparently not doing the right thing when running in the default
> nohist mode.
>
> As a simple example, I have this in PRMAIN_nohist:
>
>  version                 pkgarch    checksum
> value
> "beyonwiz-base-1.3-r0"    "all"    "d87bfea4ce066ec8b6041a8d3188956b"
> "43"
> "beyonwiz-base-1.3-r0"    "all"    "bba78fccad5b1b5ec9841a4002bd0252"
> "42"
>
> I think the problem is the primary key used for the nohist table. It
> should not include the checksum column.

I don't understand how the above shows a problem? Can you give an
example workload where the version number goes backwards or explain the
problem a bit more?

Even though the primary key is (version,pkgarch,checksum), it should do
an insert or replace and therefore although that key has to be unique,
it should replace an entry with a higher value?

Also, was sstate involved in the state rolling back? I have seen cases
where sstate was restored and versions did roll back...

Cheers,

Richard