[bitbake-devel] Beginner help

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Mar 3 13:24:28 UTC 2015

These are OE questions not bitbake; in future please post these to either
the openembedded-core at lists.openembedded.org or yocto at yoctoproject.org
mailing list. Could you also please not post unrelated questions in reply to
an existing thread - start a new thread instead.

On Tuesday 03 March 2015 12:45:53 Himanshu  Pandey wrote:
> When I compile my image using the command bitbake:
> bitbake core-image-lb
> it shows:
> meta-lb           =
> "<unknown>:<unknown>"

This just means that no revision information could be determined for the
specified layer, i.e. it's not a git/svn/etc. repository. It's nothing to worry
about.

> Also I have included the package "bash" in conf/local.conf for this image.
> But the image is neither compiling the bash package nor it is installing
> it. Where shall I include the bash package in my image.

Please see the following manual section on how to add packages to an image:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#usingpoky-extend-customimage

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre