[bitbake-devel] Override a "_remove" operator in bbappend file

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Tue Sep 22 17:53:13 UTC 2015

Hello Tim,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Paul Eggleton
<paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 September 2015 14:35:39 Tim Jaacks wrote:
>> https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm/blob/3336ef362109eef14f9e73cdededb
>> 43caefedb2f/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa_%25.bbappend
>>
>> I would like to undo the first two lines.
>
> Adding Otavio (the committer & maintainer of meta-fsl-arm) to CC - Tim perhaps
> you can explain what you're attempting to do here in concrete terms?

It seems you are intending to use mesa for i.MX5 SoC, the way I would
do it would be removing the mx5 from the overrides completely.

If you move to master, the mx5, now uses Linux FSLC which is based on
mainline and got those bits removed[1]. This might be a good trick
since it gives you more Freedom to handle whatever setting is need.

1. https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm/commit/3b698004698742130f87dd4d9edaabdf58c4e079