[bitbake-devel] Override a "_remove" operator in bbappend file

Tim Jaacks tim.jaacks at garz-fricke.com
Tue Sep 29 09:21:56 UTC 2015

Hi Christopher,

> Remember that _remove is usable in global configuration context as well. We
> need the user to be able to remove something from local.conf which added in
> a recipe, but if we blindly follow the order of append/prepend/remove
> operations, it wouldn't work as expected, as the configuration metadata is
> parsed long before the recipes.

Why would that be a problem? Of course the global configuration in local.conf should have a higher priority than all the layers. What I would expect is a chain of _append and _remove operations, ordered by layer priority, and with the overrides in local.conf being applied at the very end.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
i.A. Tim Jaacks

Software Engineering
Garz & Fricke GmbH
Tempowerkring 2, 21079 Hamburg - Germany
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 60514
Geschäftsführer: Manfred Garz, Matthias Fricke
Phone: +49 40 791899 - 55
Fax:     +49 40 791899 – 39
tim.jaacks at garz-fricke.com
www.garz-fricke.com