[bitbake-devel] Fetcher issue: Error communicating with gnome-keyring-daemon

Esponde, Joel Joel.Esponde at Honeywell.com
Fri Apr 22 16:21:22 UTC 2016

Hi Ross,

I just tried your patch.
And it works just fine!

Your commit perfectly fits to our need.
Just a little word on commit’s comment, authentication is not done in this case over ssh it is done over https. So this fix is more generic than what the comment may let think.

Thanks a lot for having taken time to look at my email and for having answered so quickly and efficiently!

Joël Esponde
Honeywell | Sensing and Productivity Solutions

De : Burton, Ross [mailto:ross.burton at intel.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 22 avril 2016 18:06
À : Esponde, Joel
Cc : bitbake-devel at lists.openembedded.org
Objet : Re: [bitbake-devel] Fetcher issue: Error communicating with gnome-keyring-daemon

Hi Joel,

On 22 April 2016 at 10:38, Esponde, Joel <Joel.Esponde at honeywell.com<mailto:Joel.Esponde at honeywell.com>> wrote:
When bitbake tries to fetch code from a git repository that needs authentication whose credentials are stored in Gnome Keyring, it fails and produces this error:

I think what would work best is a mashup of both approaches: extracting the variables you need from BB_ORIGINENV but injecting them into the environment in runfetchcmd.

I don't use gnome-keyring so I can't test it, but can you see if this patch works for you:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=ross/mut&id=60afb3b2eb222815776e8d2e13647e12def363a2

Cheers,
Ross