[bitbake-devel] howto rerun a task whenever it's content chang

张忠山 zzs213 at 126.com
Tue Aug 9 07:39:23 UTC 2016

I have a task in test.bb. say do_task1

run 'bitbake test -c task1'. then generate stamp file for it.

Now I found a bug and edit do_task1. but run 'bitbake test -c task1'
again, Bitbake said

	'Attempted 1 tasks of which 1 didn't need to be rerun and all succeeded'

I remove the stamp file, then the task rerun ok.

It's so strange! The meta data changed, Why the task refuse to rerun?

It should rerun automaticaly.

Any one told me howto let the task auto rerun whenenver it's content
changed!