[bitbake-devel] Random Bitbake build failures

Nair, Sandeep (Contractor) Sandeep_Nair2 at cable.comcast.com
Tue Jun 14 18:44:59 UTC 2016

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the details. Please find the additional details based on your feedback

>>remote side? bitbake builds have never been supported on nfs.

We mount remote folders and bitbake sees these as a regular folder. Since this can be treated as a regular folder, we may not need nfs support in bitbake.

>> But yes, generally the real task runs if the setscene fails.

We do the real task when sstate cache fetch fails and we are trying to identify the reason why bitbake returns 1 (which happens when error count != 0) even when real task succeeds.  We see that Bitbake returns 1 in this case which causes random build failure even when the real task was performed successfully.

Thanks,
Sandeep